In preparation for Valentine’s Day, we are giving you tips to fall in love with your home again. Why? Your home is your sanctuary and should be peaceful, beautiful, and make you feel happy. You start and end your days there, so it might as well be fabulous! A few updates and changes can make a huge difference, and have you feeling the love in no time. Remember, you don’t have to have a budget for a major remodel to make your spaces new to you. The easy fixes below will make you feel like you are in a different space.
- De-clutter– Spaces tend to feel heavy and overcrowded when there is clutter every where. Spend some time purging things that are no longer needed or useful. If you need to keep something, find a perfect home for it! Purchase some organization/ storage from your local container store.
- Move furniture around– changing the position of your furniture brings a new feeling to the space with what you already own.
- Paint– Painting is a relatively inexpensive way to give a quick face lift. Or, choose a nice wallpaper for a statement wall if you love your current paint
- Create a fun space- Are you a crafter? Avid wine drinker? Meditation/yoga junkie? Create a special space in your home that caters to your favorite things. Then utilize it often.
- Accessorize– Take a trip to your nearest home decor store and purchase trays, baskets, new mirrors and pillows. These items pull a space together like jewelry does with an outfit.
Photo Credit: 360 Paint